They say that a pet in a child’s life is a rite of passage because the choice of pet is an indication of the level of maturity of the child, as diagnosed by the parent or guardian. Of course, some parents also select a pet based on personal reasons such as allergies or available space and time to care for the pet.
No matter what the circumstances, parents almost always agree that children should have some exposure to animals and one way to guarantee a child’s education on animals is through reading. A step above traditional books would be interactive books!
The benefits of interactive animal books include:
- Aiding in the emotional development of a child. They offer information on animals interactively, which means that on a digital level, the child is able to interact with the animals in the book. It is not as authentic as having the animal live and in person, but in many cases, animals in the natural habitat are not safe for children. Thus, the interactive book is a wise way to introduce them safely to animals.
- Providing a time for parent-child or sibling bonding. Parents of adult children do not always have precious memories to fall back on so it’s always a good idea to build as many positive memories as possible with your child. Book reading is a traditional, fun way to remember one’s youthful days.
- Instilling a love for books. Did you know that children who read books early tend to love reading later in life? They also have a better vocabulary, excellent memory, and are reading at earlier ages. Children who love to read also have an easier time with academics and school. In this digital world of ours, it is a good compromise to have interactive books.
- Helping them develop their social skills. Experiencing animals adds confidence to a child and gives them the courage to interact with other children and adults even if the exposure is through books. It also draws attention to a world outside their safe zone so they begin to take greater notice their surroundings.
- Encouraging cognitive growth by igniting a desire to learn more. Interactive books are awesome educational tools to be used by teachers, relatives, and family, and will encourage love for animals.
You may not be in a position to get a pet for your child right now or take him on a trip to see exotic animals, but you can still bring these animals alive for your child with interactive animal books.